Senior Class, Program and Activity Cancellations
The City of Evanston and the Evanston Health and Human Services Department continue to work closely with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and local, state and federal health partners to monitor the coronavirus and take necessary actions to mitigate its spread.
Residents are recommended to use the following mitigation measures to stay healthy and limit the potential spread of COVID-19:
- Wash hands frequently
- Avoid close contact with others, especially those who are sick
- Stay home when sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects
To limit the potential spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) to the senior population in Evanston, all senior classes, programs and activities are canceled indefinitely.
Congregate Meal program
Meals will continue to be provided to seniors in to-go containers. Seniors will not be allowed to congregate, nor stay at the center to eat.
- Seniors enrolled in the congregate meal program may call the Levy Center and request to pick up a lunch. They may pull up in front of the center and staff will bring it to their car or they may walk in and pick it up. They will not be able to eat it at the center.
- Seniors enrolled in the congregate meal program may call the Levy Center and request to have someone else come to the center and pick up their lunch to take to them. They will still need to sign out the lunch for that individual.
Levy Senior Center Fitness Room and Computer Lab
The Levy Senior Center Fitness Room and Computer Lab will be closed until further notice.
Senior programs, activities and classes
All senior classes at the Levy Senior Center are canceled indefinitely. Additionally, the Fleetwood Jourdain Foster Club, the Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center's Congregate Meal program, FJT Prime Time Players and pickleball at the Chandler-Newberger Center are also canceled indefinitely.
Levy Senior Center bus
The Levy Senior Center bus will not be picking up or dropping off seniors until further notice.
Staffing of facilities impacted by senior activity cancellations
Staff will be available to answer phone calls and emails at the Levy Senior Center and other affected community centers.