City installs portable toilets and hand washing stations throughout Evanston
In an effort to help protect the homeless population in Evanston from contracting Coronavirus (COVID-19), the City has installed portable toilets and hand washing stations at fifteen locations strategically placed throughout Evanston.
In addition to practicing social distancing, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds in order to help prevent the spread of the disease.
Portable toilet and hand washing station locations (view locations by map):
- Trader Joe's/Jewel-Osco, 1100 block of Chicago Ave.
- Meals on Wheels, 1723 Simpson St.
- Dempster & Dodge, 1919 Dempster St.
- Gibbs-Morrison Cultural Center, 1823 Church St.
- Hilda's Place (Raymond Park), 1458 Chicago Ave.
- Connections (Twiggs Park), 2200 block of Dewey Ave.
- McGaw YMCA, 1000 Grove St.
- Chicago Ave. & Main St.
- Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Ave.
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center, 1655 Foster St.
- Y.O.U. Headquarters, 1911 Church St.
- Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave.
- Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave.
- Noyes CTA Stop, 901 Noyes St.
- Independence Park, 2100 block of Central St.
For more information, please call/text 847-448-4311. For convenience, residents may simply dial 3-1-1 in Evanston.