Virtual Independence Day Celebration
The Evanston Fourth of July Association has replaced its traditional 4th of July activities with an alternative virtual celebration
, due to COVID-19.
This year's celebratory theme, "Community United Cannot be Divided," will bring the community together through interactive digital platforms including Facebook Live, the Evanston Fourth of July Association's website and WCGO Radio 1590AM/95.9FM.
Schedule of Events
- 11 a.m.: Go behind the scenes of the 4th of July Celebration & Parade
- 2 p.m.: Enjoy a Virtual Parade including previous parade highlights, public submissions, and a special guest
- 8 p.m.: Watch a Virtual Band Concert & Fireworks Show
4th of July Photo Contest
Residents are encourage to submit their best photos to be included in the 4th of July Photo Contest, featuring three categories:
- Best Red, White & Blue Family (submit photos at woobox.com/xm96zk)
- Most Patriotic Pet (submit photos at woobox.com/tsphhj)
- Best Decorated Yard (submit photos at woobox.com/i5esxt)
Participants may only submit one photo per category and will only be eligible to win in one category, but may enter for all. Photos may be submitted through Tuesday, June 30. Winners will be announced during the evening program. Prizes will be awarded in gift cards from local businesses.
Decorate lawn chairs
Residents can decorate and display lawn chairs in their front lawns between July 1 and July 4. Themes are encouraged. Lawn chairs will also be displayed along Central Street. Residents can share their lawn chair photos on social media using #etown4th.
For more information, contact Linda Bouvilom at 847-800-3782 or firstname.lastname@example.org