Evanston Waste Transfer Station Budget Survey Results
Thank you to all those who took the Evanston Waste Transfer Station Budget Survey. City staff have compiled a PDF report of the results from the survey as well as have included the raw responses (without identifying information) from the survey. The survey was conducted in August, 2016 and was focused on collecting community feedback on how the funds awarded to the City through a settlement with the current operator of the facility should be allocated in the City's budget.
Below are all the documents released by the City related to the survey.
- Church St. Waste Transfer Station Budget Survey Summary (1 page)
- Church St. Waste Transfer Station Budget Survey Report (28 pages)
- Church St. Waste Transfer Station Budget Survey Raw Responses (Excel)
The report (PDF) provides highlights from the survey as well as summaries of responses of each question. The raw responses (Excel) includes the actual responses in Excel format from the over 450 individuals who submitted responses to the survey. The Excel document is provided to allow community members to see the source of the data from the report and give them the opportunity to develop their own analysis of the responses.
Due to recent and ongoing concerns regarding the Transfer Station located at 1711 Church Street, the City of Evanston has developed this page as the hub for public information. This page serves as the central point of all City communications and updates related to the current community and City conversations and decision regarding the Church Street Waste Transfer Station. This includes updates on how community members can provide input on how the funds from the recent settlement between the City of Evanston and waste transfer station operator Advanced Disposal will be allocated in future budgets.
Basic Information About the Waste Transfer Station
- Site operator – Advanced Disposal www.advanceddisposal.com
- Site Address – 1711 Church St. Evanston, IL 60201
- Site Contact – Cris Manley – 815-378-1679
Issue a Complaint
The City of Evanston encourages community members who feel they are experiencing negative impacts from the Waste Transfer Station to contact 311 to submit a complaint. Submitting 311 requests allows the City to better track the frequency, nature and type of complaints associated with the facility. Contact 311
Questions related to the allocation of the funds awarded to the City in settlement between the City of Evanston and Advanced Disposal should directed to Kumar Jensen, Sustainability Coordinator with the City of Evanston (847) 448-8199 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Map of the Waste Transfer Station site at 1711 Church St., Evanston, IL 60201 (2010)
EPA Permit and Investigation Documents.pdf made public through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. Documents include but are not limited to:
- EPA site inspections of the Waste Transfer Station
- Copies of violations issued to the Waste Transfer Station operator
- Violation correspondence between the EPA and Waste Transfer Station operator
Record of City of Evanston Inspections and Reports - Report of Evanston Inspections.pdf
- Includes a historical and chronological detailed timeline of inspections completed by the City of Evanston.