The City of Evanston has four active TIFs designed to leverage private sector growth by providing a funding mechanism for infrastructure improvements, workforce development and commercial property revitalization.
Proposed Howard Ridge TIF District Amendment
City staff is recommending the expansion of the Howard Ridge TIF district to incorporate several underutilized properties which provide the potential for redevelopment during the remaining life of the Howard Ridge TIF district, including the vacant Dairy Queen (911 Howard St.) site, which is under contract for a proposed affordable senior housing development by Evergreen Real Estate Group and CJE Senior Life.
Interested Parties Registration Form
Tax Increment Finance District Map
Active Tax Increment Finance Districts
- Howard and Ridge (Map TIF 5) (Ordinances) (Redevelopment Plan)
- West Evanston (Map TIF 6) (Ordinances) (Redevelopment Plan)
- Dempster Dodge (Map TIF 7) (Ordinances) (Redevelopment Plan)
- Chicago Main (Map TIF 8) (Ordinances) (Redevelopment Plan)
Inactive (closed) Tax Increment Finance Districts
- Downtown TIF (Map TIF 1) Closed TIF
- Southwest (Map TIF 2) (Ordinances) (Redevelopment Plan) Closed TIF
- Howard and Hartrey (Map TIF 3) (Ordinances) (Redevelopment Plan) Closed TIF
- Washington National (Map TIF 4) (Ordinances) (Redevelopment Plan)
For additional information on Tax Increment Financing, please visit:
Joint Review Board
A Joint Review Board (JRB) is initially established when a new Tax Increment Financing District (TIF) is under consideration and makes a recommendation to the City Council. The JRB is composed of members representing certain taxing districts which are affected by the TIF. The Joint Review Board meets annually to discuss the annual report filed with the State of Illinois on each of the TIF Districts within the city.
In order to learn more about the JRB and view previous meeting agendas and minutes please click on Joint Review Board.
For more information about business and economic development efforts please visit the City of Evanston’s Economic Development website: www.evanstonedge.com
Sign up for the Economic Development e-newsletter
Contact Economic Development
2100 Ridge Avenue #3600
Evanston, IL 60201
Economic Development Division Manager:
Economic Development Specialist:
Assistant to the City Manager: