- How does Evanston Police Department civilian police complaint process currently work?
- What issues, if any, are there with the current complaint process?
- What is the complaint process for communities similar to Evanston?
- Are there any nationally recognized best practices related to how municipalities, similar to Evanston, handle civilian complaints? Are there other best practices the Committee discovered?
- What suggested changes can Evanston make to address any issues identified with the current process?
- Are any of these suggested changes to the citizen complaint process included in the 27 point police issue work plan?
# of Members: Nine (9) members appointed by the Mayor
- Karen Courtright
- Matthew Mitchell
- Joi Russell
- Dr. D. Vincent Thomas Jr.
- Jared Davis
- Randy Foreman
- Jeff Parker
- Dr. Meggie Smith
- Dr. Peter Demuth
The Committee will be supported by staff liaisons Kimberly Richardson, Deputy City Manager.
Committee meetings take place on 1st Wednesday of the month, at 7 p.m., Morton Civic Center, Rm. 2402
|August 18, 2018 - Special Meeting||AGENDA|
|August 1, 2018||AGENDA||PACKET|
|July 11. 2018||AGENDA||PACKET|
|June 6, 2018||MINUTES|
|May 2, 2018||AGENDA||MINUTES|
|April 4, 2018||AGENDA||MINUTES||PACKET|
|March 7, 2018||AGENDA||MINUTES||PACKET|
|February 7, 2018||AGENDA||MINUTES||
|January 10, 2018||AGENDA||MINUTES|
December 6, 2017
|November 1, 2017||MINUTES|
|October 12, 2017||AGENDA||MINUTES|