The Citizen Police Complaint Assessment Committee will report back to the Human Services Committee in May 2018 with findings related to the following questions.
- How does Evanston Police Department civilian police complaint process currently work?
- What issues, if any, are there with the current complaint process?
- What is the complaint process for communities similar to Evanston?
- Are there any nationally recognized best practices related to how municipalities, similar to Evanston, handle civilian complaints? Are there other best practices the Committee discovered?
- What suggested changes can Evanston make to address any issues identified with the current process?
- Are any of these suggested changes to the citizen complaint process included in the 27 point police issue work plan?
# of Members: Nine (9) members appointed by the Mayor
Dr. D. Vincent Thomas Jr.
Dr. Meggie Smith
Dr. Peter Demuth
The Committee will be supported by staff liaisons Kimberly Richardson, Assistant to the City Manager, and Aretha Barnes, Deputy Police Chief.
|November 1, 2017|
|October 12, 2017||AGENDA||MINUTES|