The Citizen Police Review Commission is established as a subcommittee for the City’s Human Services Committee, for the following purposes:
(A) To promote public confidence in the professionalism and accountability of the City of Evanston’s Police Department through unbiased review of the investigation of citizen complaints, thoughtful policy recommendations;
(B) To add a citizen perspective to the evaluation of citizen complaints;
(C) To provide a timely, fair and objective review of citizen complaints and the manner which they are investigated; and
(D) To provide a systematic means to achieve continuous improvement in citizen and police interactions..
The Commission consists of nine (9) members who serve without compensation and are residents of the City of Evanston
- Must be an Evanston resident or employed in Evanston.
- All members must possess a reputation of fairness, integrity and a sense of public service. No current elected official, City employee or family member of any City employee may serve on the Commission.
- The appointments shall reflect community diversity, including all nine (9) wards, income levels, ethnicity, age, gender and experience.
- Members must commit to attending meetings regularly and participating in other initiatives of the Commission.
- Commission members are appointed to three (3) year terms by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the City Council after the initial appointments for staggered terms.
- No member may serve more than two (2) terms.
- The terms of the initial appointees shall be staggered as follows: Two (2) persons shall serve a one-year term, Three (3) persons shall serve a two-year term, Four (4) persons shall serve a three year term.
PLACE: Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center – Room #TBD
REPORTS TO: Human Services Committee
|Jamal Graham||1||June 2021|
|Blanca Lule||1||June 2021|
|Rick Marsh||1||June 2021|
|Shahna Richman||2||June 2022|
|Nikko Ross||2||June 2022|
|Juneitha Shambee||2||June 2022|
|Nyika Strickland||3||June 2023|
|Clarence Weaver||3||June 2023|
|Douglas Whitmore||3||June 2023|
Evanston Police Department
View archival meeting materials by year below.
- CPAC Agenda 12-18-19
- CPAC - Notice of Cancelation 12112019
- CPAC Agenda 11-13-19
- CPAC Agenda 5-8-19
- CPAC 4-10-19 Agenda
- CPAC 3-13 Packet
- CPAC - Notice of Cancelation 09112019
- CPAC - Notice of Cancelation 07102019
- CPAC - Notice of Cancelation 03132019
- 8-14-19 Agenda
- CPAC Cancellation 2018 Nov 14
- CPAC Agenda 05-09-18
- CPAC Agenda 04-11-18
- CPAC Draft Meeting Minutes 3-14-18
- CPAC Agenda 031418