Every Evanston youth and young adult deserves the right to safety, well-being, and the opportunity to realize his or her full potential.
The mission of the Mayor’s Youth Task Force is to further Evanston’s shared community vision for youth by bringing together organizations in the Evanston community dedicated to youth and young adults so they may work collaboratively to:
• Provide safe and accessible recreational, educational and entertainment activities.
• Instill youth & young adults with the values and skills that will motivate and enable them to succeed in and beyond school.
• Help youth & young adults to attain job training, internships, mentorships, entrepreneurship skills and employment.
• Promote youth & young adult involvement and participation through effective outreach in various activities.
• Support efforts to secure funds for youth & young adult programs in Evanston.
• Provide open and safe access to City leaders in an effort to promote continuing dialogue and engagement about issues affecting the City’s Youth.
• Encourage collaborative program planning with youth and young adults.
• Encourage and support training for youth and young adults in the areas of conflict resolution as well as choices and consequences.
• Promote and encourage youth and young adult connections to one another, the community and its leaders.
Agendas and Minutes