The City Clerk's Office provides notarial service to residents and others at no charge for the first document. Effective Monday, January 12, 2009, each subsequent document to be notarized will cost $1.00. Pensioners who receive pensions from foreign countries may use the Clerk's notarial service as well.
All persons requesting notarization must provide the following:
- Acceptable forms of Identification:
- State Issued Driver's License or ID
- Non-Driver's ID
- US/Foreign Passport
- US Military ID
- Right Thumb Print (to prevent forgery)
- The unsigned document needing the notarization
*Please Note: Identification MUST contain a photo, physical description, signature and identifying number. Any form of identification must be current or have been issued within the past five (5) years.
In-home notary service
- If the resident can not come to the Clerk's Office, the Clerk will be provide in-home service.
- Effective June 1, 2016: There will be a minimum charge of $5.00 for each in-home notary service.
Certification services for individuals/entities that require formal proof that a document is a "true and correct copy of the original" are available for a $3.00 fee per certification.
**All Notarizations will need to be recorded in the Notarial Journal, and the Notary can refuse to perform notarization if the journal entry cannot be completed.**