The City of Evanston Property Tax Assessment Review Office acts as a taxpayer advocate for the residents of Evanston. This Office does not actually assess property, rather it answers resident's questions and aids in exemption and appeal applications. The property assessment is done by the Cook County Assessor’s Office for all of the Cook County. The Cook County Assessor is permitted by law to use market values for the three years prior to the reassessment year in order to determine market value for any residential class of property in a specific area. Property data can be found at www.cookcountyassessor.com.
Property After Death Forum June 20
The Cook County Recorder of Deeds is hosting a Property After Death Forum at the Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center, 1655 Foster St., on Tuesday, June 20, at 6:30 p.m. The City of Evanston and Cook County Commissioner Larry Suffredin are co-sponsoring this event.
Evanston residents are encouraged to call the City’s Property Tax Assessment Review Office, at 847-448-8168, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions or concerns. Residents may also contact the Cook County Recorder of Deeds downtown office at 312-603-5050.
COOK COUNTY ASSESSOR’S OFFICE LOCATIONS:
Skokie Court House, 5600 Old Orchard Road, Room 149, Skokie, IL 60076
Phone: (847) 470-7237
County Building, 118 N. Clark Street, Room 301, Chicago, IL 60602
Phone: (312) 443-7550
CITY OF EVANSTON PROPERTY TAX ASSESSMENT REVIEW OFFICE SERVICES:
- Assistance with filing assessment appeals through the Cook County Assessor’s office and the Cook County Board of Review.
- Assist with all applications for and verification of Homeowner, Senior Citizen and Senior Freeze, Disabled Persons’, Returning and Disabled Veterans’ exemptions.
- Assist with filing for Property Tax Refunds (Certificates of Error).
- Assist with property tax bill questions.
- Assist with calculating estimated property tax bill amounts for existing homes and new construction.
- Assist with and provide information regarding deed/ownership inquiries.
- Assist new homeowners with notification of correct property index number(s) and potential for various exemptions.
- Assist in providing property index numbers (PIN) to all residents.
- Assist with and provide information and assistance with use of relevant Cook County real estate Internet sites, i.e., Cook County Assessor, Cook County Board of Review, Cook County Treasurer, Cook County Recorder of Deeds, Cook County Clerk and the Cook County property tax portal.
- Assistance with name and address changes for the Cook County Treasurer’s office.
- Assistance with Property Location Changes for the Cook County Assessor’s office.
- Recording and filing of Building Permits with the Cook County Assessor for Entry on Tax Rolls.
- Recording and filing of Real Estate Sales Transfer Data.
- Assist with Notarization (free).
- Provide forms for division and consolidation applications to the Cook County Assessor.
LOCATION AND HOURS OF OPERATION:
The Property Tax Assessment Review Office has moved to a new location within the Morton Civic Center! The office has relocated from Room 1450 to the ground floor, Room G551.
Property Tax Assessment Review Office
Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Avenue, Room G551, Evanston, IL 60201
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. (closed for lunch from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
PROPERTY TAX REPORT