Current Standing Committees of the Plan Commission
- Zoning Committee of the Plan Commission
- Comprehensive Plan Subcommittee of the Plan Commission
- Rules Committee of the Plan Commission
All interested parties, public commenters, applicants must understand and abide by the Rules of the Plan Commission. Plan Commission Rules (Adopted 07/08/2015)
How to Submit Comments to the Plan Commission
Comments can be made at the public hearing, per the Procedures for Public Hearings in the Plan Commission Rules. If you are not able to attend the hearing and wish to submit comments in writing:
- Emails may be sent to Meagan Jones, Neighborhood and Land Use Planner for the City. Comments may be typed in the body of an email or attached as a Word document or PDF.
- Handwritten letters and signed hardcopy letters may be faxed to (847) 448-4311 or sent to the following address:
- Plan Commission
- City of Evanston
- 2100 Ridge Ave, Room 3107
- Evanston, IL 60201
- Comments should be submitted by 5pm on the day of the Plan Commission meeting.
Steps After the Plan Commission
- Once a proposed project receives a recommendation from the Plan Commission, the project moves forward to the Planning & Development Committee.
- Design Guidelines for Planned Developments (Adopted 2/13/06)
Form Based Codes Information
- August 8, 2006 Information Session Announcement
- VHS videotape of the session is on reserve at the Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington, 3rd Floor Reference Desk (Library hours)
- Form Based Code Resources
- West Evanston Master Plan
Meagan Jones -Neighborhood and Land Use Planner
Planning & Zoning Division