In order to better serve our community, the Evanston Fire Department is offering to the general public two CPR courses that are authorized by the American Heart Association.
The Health Care Provider course (Professional), is approximately 4 hours, and the Heart Saver course (General Public), is approximately 3 hours.
The early initiation of quality CPR has proven to increase the survival rate of patients who suffer a cardiac arrest. Combining community CPR with early defibrillation and advanced life support has proven to save lives.
2017 & 2018 Classes:
- January 11 (CPR)
- February 11 (CPR & First Aid)
- March 8 (CPR)
- April 5 (CPR)
- May 3 (CPR)
- June 3 (CPR & First Aid)
- July 26 (CPR)
- September 13 (CPR)
- October 14 (CPR & First Aid)
- November 15 (CPR)
- December 13 (CPR)
- January 17 (CPR Heartsaver & BLS)
- February 17 (CPR & First Aid Combo Class)
- March 14 (CPR Heartsaver & BLS)
- April 18 (CPR Heartsaver & BLS)
- May 16 (CPR Heartsaver & BLS)
- June 9 (CPR & First Aid Combo Class)
- September 5 (CPR Heartsaver & BLS)
- October 20 (CPR & First Aid Combo Class)
- November 14 (CPR Heartsaver & BLS)
- December 12 (CPR Heartsaver & BLS)
Time: CPR Classes, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.; First Aid Classes, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.; CPR & First Aid Classes, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Age Group: Young Adults/Adults
Location: Fire Headquarters, 909 Lake St.
Class Size: 10 - 20 people
Cost: CPR ($45/50, resident; $55/60 non-resident); First Aid ($35, resident; $45 non-resident); CPR & First Aid ($70/75, resident; $90/95, non-resident)
Books: Required, and included in class cost (Healthcare Provider Student Manual, Heart Saver Student Manual, and Heart Saver First Aid Student Manual)
Contact: Interested parties can register online or call the CPR Hotline 847-866-5923 or email email@example.com. Registration and payment must be received one week prior to the start of class. Businesses and Health Care Institutions contact 847-866-5923 for arrangements and rates.