The Fire Prevention Bureau's main objective is fire prevention and awareness through a proactive approach to fire and life safety.
This is accomplished through
- enforcement of Fire, Building, and the Life Safety Code
- investigating of fires for cause and origin
- fire and life safety inspections
- construction and certificate of occupancy inspections
- plan review of all new construction
- witnessing the testing of all fire and life safety systems such as fire alarms, emergency lighting, sprinklers, etc.
- public education and fire safety awareness programs.
The Fire Prevention Bureau is also responsible for the record keeping of fire reports and the monthly statistical report, State reporting, computer technology for the Fire Department, and responding to citizens inquires and concerns. We also provide public information during and after incidents.
After the Fire
See the Fire Prevention Bureau's "After the Fire" guide >>>