The mission of the Evanston Health & Human Services Department is to protect, preserve, and promote wellness for people who live, work, and play in Evanston through creative and sustainable partnerships.
From Health & Human Services Department Director Evonda Thomas-Smith
Welcome! I am pleased to introduce you to the Evanston Health & Human Services Department, one of only four certified municipal health departments in Illinois, and the oldest, having been established in 1874. The Evanston Health & Human Services Department is the local face of a global network of professionals who strive to ensure the public's health through ongoing activities to protect residents and assess the needs of the community.
The Evanston Health & Human Services Department
- Ensures your access to healthcare, food, housing, shelter and Mental Health Services
- Promotes healthy lifestyles
- Protects natural resources and optimizes the sustainability of your community
- Regulates built environments to protect the health of your community
Business Licensing, Healthy Homes Program, and Pest Control Services
- Provides access to our partners, other government departments and local service agencies
Illinois Department of Public Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Community Partners, and Vital Records Division (Birth and Death Certificates)
Health & Human Services Department
2100 Ridge Ave. Evanston, IL 60201
Director: Evonda Thomas-Smith
Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
P: 311 or 847-448-4311
Send us a message
After Hours Communication
For after hours communicable disease or bioterrorism emergencies, please call 847-448-4311 and stay on the line to be connected to someone immediately.