To register your building(s) click below.
Perform a Self-Inspection (for personal records or to prepare for rental inspection)
RENT Evanston is a new City initiative to empower and connect landlords, property owners, and property managers in our city. RENT stands for Rental Empowerment, Networking, and Training. In addition to quarterly newsletters, the City will hold quarterly training sessions and discussions on topics relevant to property management and ownership. Mark your calendars for our 2017 RENT Evanston sessions:
Tuesday, May 23
Session 1: Preparing for Property Standards Inspections
Session 2: Landlord and Tenant Rights
Tuesday, August 29
Session 1: Fair Housing
Tuesday, November 7
Session 1: Pest Elimination, Rats, and Lead
Session 2: Healthy Homes
All RENT Evanston sessions are free to attend and will be held at 6:30 p.m. in the Morton Civic Center's Parasol Room (4th floor), 2100 Ridge Ave.
Join us in this new initiative to protect investments and property values, and to help make Evanston a more livable city!
Green Your Property
- ComEd Multifamily Energy Efficiency Program
- City of Evanston Multifamily Recycling Pilot Program
- Nicor Gas energySMART Rebate Program
- City of Evanston sustainability and recycling resources
Make Your Property Smoke Free
- No-Smoking Policy Lease Addendum
- Smoke-free Housing Flyer
- Smoke-free Housing Presentation for Landlords
General Landlord Resources
- Evanston’s Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinance
- Evanston Human Rights Ordinance - Recently amended and went into effect on July 26, 2014. Landlords are encouraged to review Title 5, Chapter 5 “Fair Housing”, which adds gender identity and source of income as protected classes.
- Security Deposit Interest Rates
After Hours Communication
For after hours communicable disease or bioterrorism emergencies, please call 847-448-4311 and stay on the line to be connected to someone immediately.