In keeping with the regulatory function of the Health & Human Services Department and its mission to assure the well-being of residents and visitors, the Health & Human Services Department manages the licensing & permitting of various operations.
Food-related licenses and permits
- Cottage Food Registration
- Food Delivery Vehicle License
- Food Establishment License
- Mobile Food Vendor License
- Farmers Market License
- Seasonal License
- Shared Kitchens
- Sidewalk Cafe Permit
- Temporary Event Food Permit
- Vending Machine (Food/Confection/Snack/Beverage) License
VERY IMPORTANT: No food for public consumption may be prepared or stored in the home. Private caterers (caterers who provide food for private events) are not licensed by either Evanston or the Illinois Department of Public Health.
NOTE: Food-related licenses and permits must be issued before any food item is received, prepared, served or sold; are not transferable; must be displayed on site in a location easily visible to the public; and are valid only for the term displayed on the license.
Please let us know before you sell or close your business or if you significantly revise your menu or type of operation
Additional licenses and permits
- Bed and Breakfast License Application
- Beekeeping Permit
- Collection Box License
- Hen Coop License
- Home Day Care Permit
- Lodging Establishment License Application
- Long Term Care License Application
- Application to Operate a Residential Care Home
- Retail Tobacco Vendor License
- Vacation Rental License
- PAY HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES DEPARTMENT FEES CLICK HERE
After Hours Communication
For after hours communicable disease or bioterrorism emergencies, please call 847-448-4311 and stay on the line to be connected to someone immediately.