Church St. Boat Ramp
The Church St. Boat Ramp is for the launching of power boats, personal watercrafts and large sailboats. For the 2018 season, the ramp is scheduled to open in early May and will close on Monday, September 3, depending on weather and dredging conditions.
Church St. Boat Ramp information and application for the 2018 season: Church St Season Launch Permit Information & Application
On February 23, 2018, both the Church St. Boat Ramp and the Dempster St. Launch Facility were certified by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources for meeting the criteria of the Illinois Clean Marina program.
The Clean Marina Initiative is a voluntary, incentive-based program that encourages marina operators and recreational boaters to protect coastal water quality by engaging in environmentally sound operating and maintenance procedures. The Illinois Clean Marina Program offers information, guidance, and technical assistance to marina operators, local governments, and recreational boaters on Best Management Practices (BMPs) that can be used to prevent or reduce pollution. Marinas that participate in the Clean Marina Program are recognized for their environmental stewardship.
Dempster St. Launch Facility
The Dempster St. Launch Facility is for the launching, retrieval and storage of non-motorized vessels, small sailboats (sunfish, laser, etc.), catamarans, windsurfing boards, canoes, stand up paddle boards and kayaks. Only approved and permitted vessels may launch at this facility. Boats must be light enough to be carried across the sand. Limited parking is adjacent to the facility. The facility officially opens on Saturday, May 19 and closes on Wednesday, October 31. The facility hours are 9:00 a.m. to dusk.
Dempster St. Launch Facility information and application for the 2018 season: Dempster St Launch Facility Information Packet
Renewing or moving your storage spot for returning users:
Renewing your storage spot
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org that you would like to renew the space you rented for 2017.
- Once you confirm that you would like to renew your storage space(s), you will be e-mailed a receipt showing the space(s) has been rented for 2018 and the amount due.
- The deadline to renew is Monday, March 12.
- There are 3 ways to pay the balance for your storage space(s):
- Online - Log into your account and click on "Pay Old Balances" under the My Account tab.
- By phone or in person at the Parks, Recreation & Community Services office at the Civic Center or any of
our recreation centers.
- The balance must be paid by Monday, March 19 at 5pm, otherwise, the space(s) will not be renewed and you would have to register for the move list to keep a storage space.
- If you had an additional Dempster St. Launch only pass, you will have to fill out the application in the packet.
Changing your storage spot
- Please e-mail email@example.com and indicate you would like to be registered for the Dempster St. Move List.
- The deadline to register for the move list is Wednesday, March 21 at 5pm.
- You, or a representative, will need to attend a meeting on Thursday, March 22 at 6pm in the Linden Room of the Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave., to pick your new spot.
- After your new spot is selected, you will be required to pay the full storage fee.
Directions for signing up for the storage waitlist for new users:
Anyone wanting to register for the vessel-specific wait list for a new combo launch/storage permit may do so ONLINE, using the following class numbers:
Class #753906 A-E (residents; 60201 & 60202 zip codes)
Class #753907 A-E (non-residents)
Once you register for the appropriate waitlist, you will move up as boaters ahead of you get permits. Staff will assign open spots to boaters, using the waitlist.
Click on this link to register: www.cityofevanston.org/register
Dempster Daily Launch Permits
Daily launch permits go on sale Saturday, May 19 at 10:00 a.m. at the Dempster St. Beach Office, 1251 Lakeshore Blvd.