PARDON OUR DUST.
WE ARE OPEN DURING CONSTRUCTION.
Stormwater improvements are being made to the building at this time.
Gibbs-Morrison Cultural Center provides programming opportunities for people of all ages including art, dance and fitness classes. The building features a recording studio, meeting space, performance venue and the First Slice Pie Café.
Delores Holmes Recording Studio
The Delores Holmes Recording Studio is a fully operational studio with equipment and is open to the public for private rental sessions. With a valid student ID, Northwestern and Evanston Township students may receive a discounted rental rate. Music production classes will also be available for those interested in learning about how to record and mix songs.
Hourly rental rates:
$35 an hour for residents
$45 an hour non-residents
a minimum two-hour reservation.
Gibbs-Morrison Cultural Center has several options for room rentals which include the lounge, the performance venue that has a stage or both rooms together. Additionally, the Delores Holmes Recording Studio is open for rent. View the Facility Rental Information Form for a complete listing of available times and pricing. Complete the Rental Contract to reserve your space today. Contact Maurice for more information at 847-448-8119 or by email at email@example.com.
The backyard at Gibbs-Morrison will be undergoing some work to the storm-water drainage and additional improvements to enhance the area. Once the work is completed, this will be available to rent for outdoor parties or other private events.
First Slice Pie Café
First Slice Pie Café menu offers soups, salads, sandwiches and more with a specialty in serving a variety of pies. The café goes beyond the norm by also providing meals to the needy and homeless. Please call 847-859-6620 for more information.
Cafe Summer Hours:
|Tuesdays-Thursdays and Saturdays||10am-3pm|
The Gibbs-Morrison Cultural Center, located at 1823 Church Street, was acquired by the City of Evanston in January 2015. It was named after Mr. Thomas Gibbs and Dr. William Morrison, who were both long-time residents. Mr. Gibbs owned a gas station on the corner of Church Street and Dodge Avenue, while Mr. Morrison was the owner and pharmacist of Morrison’s Pharmacy at 1823 Church Street.