Zombie Scramble -November 2, 2019
The goal of the Zombie Scramble is for you and your team members to finish the race with all of your "lives" intact. Your "lives" are represented by flags hanging off of a flag football belt you will wear. Throughout the course, Zombies will be attempting to grab your flag as you attempt to avoid them. If you lose all of your flags you become "infected" and complete the race as an "infected" person.
Zombie Scramble Registration
Are you a Zombie Scramble participant! Make sure to use #COEundead on social media and share your experience with us.
The 2019 Zombie Scramble is closed for registrations, each wave is full. We will not accept walk-in registrations on the day of the event. Thank you for all those participating in the event. Emails with your check-in information will be going out on Wednesday, October 30. Please add email@example.com to your list of email addresses. We do not offer refunds for this event.
Please contact Michelle Tompkins or Michelle Bush at 847-448-8252 if you have questions about registrations for the Zombie Scramble.
Zombie Scramble Participant Information
- Participants should register for the wave time they wish to participate. Contact Michelle Tompkins at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or issues with registration.
- The event will begin south of the Rotary Friendship Garden in the Ladd Arboretum. (Please see the map for the course route).
- All participants will need to sign a liability waiver. Click here to download the waiver.
- The event is for participants ages 8 and up.
- We encourage you to bring a flashlight for the scramble. Please do NOT shine your light directly into the eyes of the zombie volunteers.
- Your best chance to survive the course is to participate as a team. Team members should register individually in the same wave time. Individual registrations ARE also allowed.
- Please make sure to answer the questions asked during the registration process.
- Please make sure to provide a valid email address at registration, email will be the primary way we will contact you regarding the event.
- The scramble course is approximately two miles.
- Check-in for the scramble will be held in the parking log across from the Ecology Center located at 2024 McCormick Blvd. Check in will begin at 4:30 pm.
- Pre-event pick of of scramble information and team T-shirts will be available at the Ecology Center on Friday, November 1 from Noon-5pm. Pre-registered participants are highly encouraged to pick up the T-shirts and information on Friday, November 1. You will still need to check-in the day of the event to receive your team's belts, but this will be done at the starting line.
- Your scramble T-shirt will serve as your admission to the starting line, you must have your 2019 T-shirt on to receive a belt. Those registered after October 11th will receive a T-shirt, however we cannot guarantee you will get the size you requested. Your shirt may be larger or smaller than requested based on availability of sizes. Without a T-shirt you will not receive a belt and will not be allowed to participate.
- There will NOT be a gear check available.
- In the event of inclement weather, the race will be canceled and all money paid will be added to your recreation account for future use. Please call the weather cancellation hot line at 847-448-8253 after 3pm on November 2nd if there is inclement weather.
- There will be two challenge stops throughout the course. Teams must stop and complete the challenges. In the event of wind gusts over 15 miles per hour the challenge stops will not be inflated.
- First-aid and bathrooms will be available at the Ecology Center. There will also be portable restrooms, firs-aid and water stations located on the course at the two challenge areas, as well as portable restrooms located in the parking lot by the starting line.
- There will be a post-scramble party at the Ecology Center where families can enjoy food, drinks and s'mores.
- At the finish line, individuals finishing with a life intact (a flag) will receive an entry into the Zombie Scramble raffle. Raffle prizes include Robert Crown skating passes, a Chandler-Newberger birthday party rental, beach tokens for the 2020 season and more!
- Please download and read the Zombie Scramble participant rules before the event.
- Please read the Zombie Scramble Frequently Asked Questions sheet for more information about the event.
All participants are encouraged to park at the Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center located at 2100 Ridge Avenue. A shuttle bus will be available to take participants to and from the event. Parking will not be allowed in the parking lot located on McCormick and Bridge Street and street parking will be limited. Walking, biking and public transportation are also recommended.
Check-in will be done individually and alphabetically by last name.
Pre-race check-in will be held at the Ecology Center on Friday, November 1 from Noon-5pm.
Please be aware that for a participant to enter the event course we must have a signed liability waiver. If we do not have a liability wavier they will not be allowed to take part in the scramble. Participants under the age of 18 must have the liability wavier signed by their guardian.
5:15-6:15pm waves check-in begins at 4:30pm
6:15-6:45pm waves check-in begins at 5:30pm
6:45-7:15pm waves check-in begins at 6:00pm
7:15-7:45pm waves check-in begins at 6:30pm
7:45-8:00pm waves check-in begins at 7:15pm
*please do not arrive before your designated check-in time for your wave
Thank you for volunteering for the 6th annual Zombie Scramble, we could NOT host this event without you. Questions should be directed to Michelle Tompkins at email@example.com or Michelle Bush at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All volunteer zombies should download the following documents, please turn in the Code of Conduct and Liability Waiver to staff on Saturday, November 2.
Please note: forms must be signed by the parent/guardian for volunteers under the age of 18.
Please download and turn in the Liability Waiver to staff on Saturday, November 2.