Zombie Scramble -November 2, 2019
The goal of the Zombie Scramble is for you and your team members to finish the race with all of your "lives" intact. Your "lives" are represented by flags hanging off of a flag football belt you will wear. Throughout the course, Zombies will be attempting to grab your flag as you attempt to avoid them. If you lose all of your flags you become "infected" and complete the race as an "infected" person.
Zombie Scramble Registration
Participants must register for a specific wave time. Waves begin at 5:15 pm and will start every 7 minutes. You are required to register by October 11th to receive the early bird fee of $15 per person. The registration fee after October 11th is $20 per person. For more information on the Zombie Scramble please call 847-448-8256.
Please contact Michelle Tompkins or Michelle Bush at 847-448-8252 if you have questions about the waiting list for any of the full wave times.
|Registration Number||Wave Time||Registration Number||Wave Time|
|FULL||Wave 1 (5:15pm)||632901N9||Wave 13 (6:41pm)|
|FULL||Wave 2 (5:23pm)||632901P9||Wave 14 (6:48pm)|
|FULL||Wave 3 (5:30pm)||FULL||Wave 15 (6:55pm)|
|FULL||Wave 4 (5:37pm)||FULL||Wave 16 (7:02pm)|
|FULL||Wave 5 (5:45pm)||FULL||Wave 17 (7:09pm)|
|FULL||Wave 6 (5:52pm)||632901T9||Wave 18 (7:16pm)|
|FULL||Wave 7 (5:59pm)||632901U9||Wave 19 (7:23pm)|
|FULL||Wave 8 (6:06pm)||632901V9||Wave 20 (7:30pm)|
|FULL||Wave 9 (6:13pm)||632901W9||Wave 21 (7:37pm)|
|FULL||Wave 10 (6:20pm)||632901X9||Wave 22 (7:44pm)|
|FULL||Wave 11 (6:27pm)||632901Y9||Wave 22 (7:51pm)|
|FULL||Wave 12 (6:34pm)||632901Z9||Wave 23 (7:58pm)|
Zombie Scramble Participant Information
- Participants should register for the wave time they wish to participate. Contact Michelle Tompkins at email@example.com with any questions or issues with registration.
- The event will begin south of the Rotary Friendship Garden in the Ladd Arboretum. (Please see the map for the course route).
- All participants will need to sign a liability waiver. Click here to download the waiver.
- The event is for participants ages 8 and up.
- We encourage you to bring a flashlight for the scramble.
- Your best chance to survive the course is to participate as a team. Team members should register individually in the same wave time. Individual registrations ARE also allowed.
- Please make sure to answer the questions asked during the registration process.
- Please make sure to provide a valid email address at registration, email will be the primary way we will contact you regarding the event.
- The scramble course is approximately two miles.
- Check-in for the scramble will be held in the parking log across from the Ecology Center located at 2024 McCormick Blvd. Check in will begin at 4:45 pm.
- Pre-event pick of of scramble information and team T-shirts will be available at the Ecology Center on Friday, November 1 from Noon-6pm. Pre-registered participants are highly encouraged to pick up the T-shirts and information on Friday, November 1. You will still need to check-in the day of the event to receive your team's belts, but this will be done at the starting line. Participants who registered after October 11th should check in the day of the event.
- Your scramble T-shirt will serve as your admission to the starting line, you must have your 2019 T-shirt on to receive a belt. Those registered after October 11th will receive a T-shirt at check-in on Saturday, November 2 (please note you may receive a T-shirt that is larger than preferred, if you want a specific size please register prior to October 11th.) Without a T-shirt you will not receive a belt and will not be allowed to participate.
- There will NOT be a gear check available.
- In the event of inclement weather, the race will be canceled and all money paid will be added to your recreation account for future use. Please call the weather cancellation hot line at 847-448-8253 after 3pm on November 2nd if there is inclement weather.
- There will be two challenge stops throughout the course. Teams must stop and complete the challenges.
- First-aid and bathrooms will be available at the Ecology Center. There will also be portable restrooms, firs-aid and water stations located on the course at the two challenge areas.
- There will be a post-scramble party at the Ecology Center where families can enjoy food, drinks and s'mores.
- At the finish line, individuals finishing with a life intact (a flag) will receive an entry into the Zombie Scramble raffle. Raffle prizes include Robert Crown skating passes, a Chandler-Newberger birthday party rental, beach tokens for the 2020 season and more!
- Please download and read the Zombie Scramble participant rules before the event. They can be found here.
- Answers to some of the Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Zombie Scramble can be found here.
All participants are encouraged to park at the Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center located at 2100 Ridge Avenue. A shuttle bus will be available to take participants to and from the event. Parking will not be allowed in the parking lot located on McCormick and Bridge Street and street parking will be limited. Walking, biking and public transportation are also recommended.
Check-in will be done individually and alphabetically by last name.
Participants who registered on or prior to October 11th can pick up T-shirts and drop off liability waivers at the pre-race pick up. This will be at the Ecology Center on Friday, November 1st from Noon-6pm.
Participants who registered after October 11th should check-in the day of the event. If you take advantage of pre-race pick-up, you must still check-in at the starting line to receive your belts.
Please be aware that for a participant to enter the event course we must have a signed liability waiver. If we do not have a liability wavier they will not be allowed to take part in the scramble. Participants under the age of 18 must have the liability wavier signed by their guardian.
5:15-6:15pm waves check-in begins at 4:30pm
6:15-6:45pm waves check-in begins at 5:30pm
6:45-7:15pm waves check-in begins at 6:00pm
7:15-7:45pm waves check-in begins at 6:30pm
7:45-8:00pm waves check-in begins at 7:15pm
*please do not arrive before your designated check-in time for your wave
The Zombie Scramble would not be possible without volunteers. Various volunteer opportunities are available and are a great way to earn community service hours. For more information on volunteering please contact Michelle Tompkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-448-8681.
Volunteer Code of Conduct
The Zombie Scramble’s goal is to provide entertainment to guests of all appropriate ages in a fun and safe environment. Volunteer Zombies are required to follow the Code of Conduct. Volunteer zombies should print and sign the code of conduct and bring it to the event. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent signature to participate.
- Make-up artists
- Course Zombies (must be at least 16 years or older)
- Information Booth
- Check-In Table