Why should businesses strive to be age-friendly?
Older adults are the fastest-growing segment of the population in the country. Businesses that adapt their services and environment help older adults age actively and independently, while also expanding their revenue and customer base. Age-Friendly Evanston is launching an Age-Friendly Business campaign to recognize businesses that are making an extra effort for their older adult customers. We invite you to become one of the first businesses in your community to be recognized as Age-Friendly
Your participation is important!
By actively engaging in age-friendly business practices and helping us build an age-friendly business community:
- You will better serve all customers, not just older adults, which makes Evanston a great place to grow up and grow old.
- Word of mouth recognition will make other potential customers aware of your stand-out business.
- Other businesses will become more aware of best practices, encouraging them to also adopt an age-friendly perspective.
If you would like to be considered for Age-Friendly Business status, please complete the following steps by October 31, 2018:
- Review the Age-Friendly Business Resource Guide here: Age-Friendly Business Handbook
- Complete the Age-Friendly Business Checklist here: Age-Friendly Evanston Checklist
- Once you have completed this Checklist, you will be contacted by a representative of the Age-Friendly Evanston Task Force to schedule a free collaborative consultation regarding low- or no cost ways to make changes in your business to best accommodate this customer base, ultimately making your business more inviting to all.
What do businesses receive that have been designated by the City of Evanston as Age-Friendly?
- More visibility to older customers and the general public.
- Promotion of age-friendly features to current and potential customers .
- Window decal acknowledging the City of Evanston's recognition of your business as age-friendly.
- Opportunities for business to host special events, in conjunction with the City, to promote and advertise age-friendly status.
- Advertisement of business' age-friendly status on the City's website as well as to age-friendly community partners and organizations.