Tell Us How We are Doing
There are options available for giving a commendation/compliment or filing a complaint:
- You may use the commendation form or complaint form.
- You may call the Office of Professional Standards (OPS) at 847-866-5009 or 847-866-5047 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday to speak with someone or to make an appointment. The Office of Professional Standards also has an office at the Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center in Room 3601 in which complaints can be made by appointment.
- You also may call the police Service Desk at 847-866-5000 or visit the police department at 1454 Elmwood Avenue, and ask to speak to a shift supervisor.
- Forms are also available at the police department, City Clerk's Office, and the lobby of City Hall.
- Additionally, a drop box with the Evanston Police Department (EPD) logo is located in the rear of the Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Avenue, just off the parking lot.
We do not encourage using the online system for anonymous complaints because additional information relevant to your complaint may be omitted that would be required for your complaint to be investigated. Please contact the Office of Professional Standards by telephone instead.
Please see below for the process for the OPS complaint review and investigation and disposition (view a description of disposition classifications).