This project involves the improvement and reconfiguration of the Emerson/Ridge/Green Bay intersection, including traffic signal modernization. The elevation difference between southbound Green Bay Road and northbound Ridge Avenue will be eliminated as part of the intersection improvement. This project also includes the reconfiguration of Green Bay Road from McCormick Boulevard to Emerson Street from the existing four lanes to a three-lane roadway cross section with a left turn lane at the cross streets.
Traffic signal modernization at the following six intersections:
- Ridge Avenue & Green Bay Road
- Ridge Avenue & Emerson Street
- Green Bay Road & Emerson Street
- Asbury Avenue & Emerson Street
- Green Bay Road & Simpson Street
- Green Bay Road & Noyes Street
Construction activities to occur:
- The project also includes a new signal at Green Bay Road and Asbury Avenue; interconnection and timing coordination of all traffic signals are included in the project.
- Streetscape improvements on Green Bay Road from McCormick Boulevard to Emerson Street, including sidewalk widening and lighting improvements.
- Water main improvements on: Asbury Avenue (Emerson Street to Green Bay Road), Green Bay Road (Asbury Avenue to Noyes Street), Emerson Street (Green Bay Road to Ridge Avenue), Ridge Avenue (Emerson Street to Garnett Place).
- Sewer improvements throughout project limits.
- Lighting improvements under the Union Pacific viaduct.
- Bridge Modifications on Green Bay Road over the North Shore Channel, including relocating the barrier wall on the east side to widen the sidewalk.
Emerson/Ridge/Green Bay Corridor Scope of Work
- Emerson Street from Asbury to Oak Avenues
- Ridge Avenue from Clark Street to Garnett Place
- Green Bay Road from Ridge Avenue to McCormick Boulevard
- Asbury Avenue from Emerson Street to Green Bay Road
For questions, please call 847-448-4311
Current Project Phase:
- May 10, 2016
- July 21, 2016
- March 21, 2016
- April 17, 2017