The City of Evanston’s 311 Initiative, which includes a call center and an online citizen support center, went live on March 1, 2011.
Your Key to the City
311 service is now available online anytime or by dialing 3-1-1 (847-448-4311 outside the city). Specialized 311 staff answer calls Monday through Friday 7:00am to 7:00pm. Callers during other hours have the option to leave a voicemail or press 0 to be routed to non-emergency police service desk for assistance.
The goal of 311 is to improve customer service city-wide by:
- Providing an easy to remember phone number for all non-emergency city services.
- Providing 24/7 access to city information through a web portal that will allow citizens to submit requests for service, ask questions, and track the status of their open requests.
- Utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology to address information and service requests in a more efficient manner.
- Improving accessibility of city services to all constituents via phone and internet.
- Providing exceptional customer service to all residents, businesses and visitors.
- Improving staff accountability in providing non-emergency services to constituents.
What is 311?
Special thanks to Leadership Evanston and Linda Hansen of Wild Crow Communications for designing the logos free of charge.
A logo contest was held October 1 - 22 and the public chose their favorite logo for 311. The winner is shown at the right. The winning logo will be used in marketing materials.
When Should I Call 311?