The Evanston Community Ambassadors program educates participants about “all things Evanston,” allowing them to make a positive impact in their community.
The application period for the inaugural Evanston Community Ambassadors class is now closed and all applicants have been notified. The application process for 2016 has not yet begun.
Community Ambassadors Impact the City in a Positive Way
After training, individuals have the opportunity to become directly involved by engaging with residents and visitors, sharing information about City programs and initiatives, and participating in projects that make a difference in the community.
Who Can Participate?
The program is open to all community members age 18 years or older who would like to impact the city in a positive way. That includes residents, local business owners, and members of community organizations that serve Evanston residents.
What Does a Community Ambassador Do?
- Serves as a point of contact at public and community events on behalf of the City;
- Promotes Evanston as a great place to live, work and visit;
- Volunteers at local events, including festivals, tourism activities, and programs;
- Shares information about City programs; and
- Assists with managing projects based upon their strengths, skills, experience, and availability.
Those interested in becoming a Community Ambassador must apply online. Applications for the next class will be available later in 2016. Those selected will attend two training sessions. Following the second session, each Ambassador will receive a certificate of completion. To learn more about the program, please call/text 847-448-4311, or email Kimberly Richardson at email@example.com.