Evanston Community Ambassadors engage with residents, businesses, and visitors sharing information about City services, programs, and initiatives in the community.
The application period for the 2017 Evanston Community Ambassadors class is now open.
Community Ambassadors Impact the City in a Positive Way
After training, individuals have the opportunity to become directly involved by engaging with residents and visitors, sharing information about City programs and initiatives, and participating in projects that make a difference in the community.
Who Can Participate?
The program is open to all community members age 18 years or older who would like to impact the city in a positive way. That includes residents, local business owners, and members of community organizations that serve Evanston residents.
What Does a Community Ambassador Do?
- Serves as a point of contact at public and community events on behalf of the City;
- Promotes Evanston as a great place to live, work and visit;
- Volunteers at local events, including festivals, tourism activities, and programs;
- Shares information about City programs; and
- Assists with managing projects based on their strengths, skills, experience, and availability.
Those interested in becoming a Community Ambassador must apply online. To complete an
application visit: www.surveymonkey.com/r/EvanstonCommunityAmbassadors2018. Those selected will attend two training sessions. Following the second session, each Ambassador will receive a certificate of completion. To learn more about the program, please call/text 847-448-4311, or email Kimberly Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.