Required by any person who regularly provides day care in the family home for any number of children who are not the family's natural, foster or adopted children.
VERY IMPORTANT: If you care for more than 3 children under the age of 12 (the number "3" includes your own natural or adopted children under the age of 12), you must apply for and receive a license from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) before the Evanston permit can be issued. If any time the DCFS license expires or is revoked or suspended, the Evanston permit becomes invalid and you must cease operating as a home day care until both licenses are brought into good standing.
TERM: 2 years from date issued.
FEE: Criminal background check. $15 per person.
RENEWABLE: Yes. The applicant must submit a new application and complete the entire review process before the current permit expires.
TRANSFERABLE: No. Once the location or permit holder changes, the current permit becomes invalid.
CONTACT: Ellyn Golden (847) 866-2947 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: In order to receive a Home Day Care permit, applicants must:
- Obtain a license from DCFS
- Submit Child Home Day Care Permit Application
- Complete general information, medical and criminal background forms
To register and pay for criminal background check (finger printing) online go to: Pay Health Department
- Pass property inspections conducted by the Health Department, Fire Department & Property Standards Division
- Clear the Police Department's investigation of the number of calls, if any, made to that address.
State of Illinois
- DCFS Day Care Information Hotline: (877) 746-0829