The terms, fees and renewable & transferable status vary from license to license. To view specifics, please look at the individual application files below and review the City of Evanston Liquor Code, Title 3, Section 4.
City of Evanston Liquor Licensing at 2100 Ridge Avenue, Suite 4400, Evanston, IL 60201
Phone: 847.448.8160 I Fax: 847.448.8093
If you wish to meet in person, please call or email ahead of time to set up an appointment.
CITY LIQUOR CONTROL CODE & ILLINOIS STATE RESOURCES
CITY OF EVANSTON LIQUOR TAX CODE (Title 3, Chapter 2)
LIQUOR LICENSE APPLICATIONS:
One-Day Liquor Licenses:
Class Z1 one-day liquor license application (non-City owned property, sale of beer and wine)
Class Z2 one-day liquor license application (non-City owned property, sale of alcoholic liquor)
Class Z3 one-day liquor license application (City owned property, sale or service of beer and wine)
Class Z4 one-day liquor license application (City owned property, sale or service of alcoholic liquor)
Annual Liquor Licenses:
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS (Please review prior to completing application)
Special Event Liquor Licenses: (For Use Only by Organizations that have applied for and/or received a Special Event Permit from the City of Evanston)
LIQUOR TAX RETURN PAYMENT & WORKSHEET:
Two ways to file & pay:
1) **NEW FORM** - File and Pay online: Liquor Tax Online Filing & Payment (Credit Card Only)
2) Download Worksheet and mail a check: Liquor Tax Return Worksheet(Auto-Calculates tax)
BACKGROUND CHECKS & FINGERPRINT FEES:
Site Managers and each shareholder owner with 5% or greater interest in the business is required to complete a background form and submit for fingerprints. Below are links to the necessary forms.
Fingerprinting Process Fees may be paid online via this link.
Shareholder/Site Manager Background Form
CHANGES IN PERSONNEL/CORPORATE STRUCTURE:
Any changes in Site Managers or partnerships, officers, directors, persons holding directly or beneficially more than five (5) percent of the stock or ownership interest, of establishments licensed under this Chapter, shall be reported in writing to the local liquor control commissioner within ten (10) days of the change.
1) Pay the Fingerprinting Process Fee and make an appointment. You may pay online or in person at City of Evanston Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave, Room 2700, Evanston, IL 60201.
2) Complete a Shareholder/Site Manager Background Form
3) Complete a CORPORATION INFORMATION FORM (Use ONLY for Changes in partnerships, officers, directors, shareholder or owners)
FUNDRAISER NOTIFICATION FORM (License Class C-1 only)
Fundraiser Class C-1 Notification Form (Only for use by Class C-1 Licensees Hosting Fundraisers)
BASSET TRAINING INFORMATION:
- BASSET training courses are offered online and in-person by state-certified trainers
- Costs vary with online courses offered for as little as $15
- The alcohol sellers/server (BASSET certified) course is approved by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission