Required by any operation that provides food to the public and operates from a pushcart or a motorized vehicle.
The City of Evanston issues the MOBILE FOOD VENDOR LICENSE to pushcarts or hold/cold holding vehicles (ready-to-eat food is pre-packaged) and the MOBILE FOOD VEHICLE VENDOR LICENSE to commercially-manufactured, motorized mobile food units (ready-to-eat food is cooked, wrapped, packaged, processed, or portioned). In neither case may the food for public consumption be prepared or stored in the home.
TERM: Calendar Year.
FEE: Per cart or vehicle. Mobile Food Vendor (Vehicles or Carts - Pre-packaged Food, Hot or Cold Holding Only) fee is based on food-handling risk category (see application).
Mobile Food Vehicle Vendor license fee is $500 per calendar year; $250 for the first year of operation if the license is issued after July 1.
RENEWABLE. No. An application must be submitted and an inspection of the cart or vehicle scheduled each year.
CONTACT: Ellyn Golden, Environmental Health Licensing Coordinator, (847) 866-2947 or firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION: Mobile Food Vendor License Application (printable version)
Vehicles or Carts - Pre-packaged Food, Hot or Cold Holding Only
TO APPLY ONLINE GO TO: MOBILE FOOD VENDOR LICENSE APPLICATION
APPLICATION: Mobile Food Vehicle Vendor License Application (Revised July, 2016) ( printable version only)
Please submit all required documents and information with your application.
See Evanston City Code 17-O-16 Mobile Food Vehicle Vendor Effective 7-9-16 for a comprehensive list of licensing requirements
IMPORTANT INFO FOR MOBILE FOOD VEHICLES
- Areas of sale Mobile Food Vehicle Vendor Restrictions Map
- Food Establishment Risk Type Category Descriptions
- All regulations concerning food safety apply.
- The items for sale are restricted by the type of equipment used for food storage and food handling and the extent of food handling.
- All items for sale must come from an approved source.
- Evanston City Code
- Mobile Food Vendors
- Title 3 Chapter 13-2 License Required
- Title 3 Chapter 13-9 Evanston Township High School Area
- Title 3 Chapter 13-10 Hours Peddling Prohibited
- Title 3 Chapter 13-11 Vehicle Restrictions
- Title 3 Chapter 13-12 Areas Surrounding Schools
- Title 7 Chapter 11-6(F) Regulations on City Beaches
- Title 10 Chapter 4-3(B) Parking Restrictions in Business Districts
State of Illinois