Required by any operation that provides food to the public at the same venue over a period of time. Examples include concession stands, booths or trailers at sports venues during an athletic season or at a City of Evanston Farmers’ Market.
Farmers' Market License
Renewable Annually - Valid for participation in all Farmers' Markets during calendar year. Farmers Market License fee is determined by Risk Type (see application for details).
Seasonal License - issued for a continuous period of no more than 6 months.
Fee $247.00 payable at time of application.
CONTACT: Ellyn Golden, Environmental Health Licensing Coordinator, (847) 866-2947 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online go to: FARMERS MARKET LICENSE APPLICATION
Farmers Market Permit Application (printable version)
To apply online go to: SEASONAL FOOD PERMIT APPLICATION
Seasonal Food Permit Application (printable version)
IMPORTANT: Food operators should obtain permission from the event sponsor (university, school district, organization, etc.) before applying for the seasonal food establishment permit.
FOOD OPERATORS MAY NOT
- use ice to hold potentially hazardous foods.
- wash dishes or utensils on site during a food operations.
- re-serve food.
FOOD OPERATORS MUST PROVIDE
- a tent or overhead protection to protect the food service area and sneeze guards for food service areas accessible to patrons.
- handwashing stations and a bucket to catch wastewater.
- electric or propane-fired equipment for holding or maintaining potentially hazardous foods at 135°F or above.
- water from a commercial source in a commercially-sealed container.
- A copy of the latest inspection performed by a local health authority of your business.
We recommend you contact the Health Department to discuss your menu. Review the checklist included in the application to make sure you can meet the setup and operational requirements.
Evanston City Code
- Title 8 Chapter 8 Food Service and Retail Food Store Sanitation