Required by any operation that provides food to the public at the same venue over a period of time. Examples include concession stands, booths or trailers at sports venues during an athletic season or at a City of Evanston Farmers’ Market.
To apply online go to: SEASONAL FOOD PERMIT APPLICATION
Seasonal Food Permit Application (printable version)
Seasonal License - issued for a continuous period of no more than 6 months.
Fee $247.00 payable at time of application.
IMPORTANT: Food operators should obtain permission from the event sponsor (university, school district, organization, etc.) before applying for the seasonal food establishment permit.
FOOD OPERATORS MAY NOT
- use ice to hold potentially hazardous foods.
- wash dishes or utensils on site during a food operations.
- re-serve food.
FOOD OPERATORS MUST PROVIDE
- a tent or overhead protection to protect the food service area and sneeze guards for food service areas accessible to patrons.
- handwashing stations and a bucket to catch wastewater.
- electric or propane-fired equipment for holding or maintaining potentially hazardous foods at 135°F or above.
- water from a commercial source in a commercially-sealed container.
- A copy of the latest inspection performed by a local health authority of your business.
We recommend you contact the Health Department to discuss your menu. Review the checklist included in the application to make sure you can meet the setup and operational requirements. CONTACT: Ellyn Golden, Environmental Health Licensing Coordinator, (847) 866-2947 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Evanston City Code
- Title 8 Chapter 8 Food Service and Retail Food Store Sanitation
For information regarding farmers market licensing go to: Farmers Market License.