"AGE FRIENDLY EVANSTON!" TASK FORCE
Agendas & Minutes
The Mayor established a nine (9) member task force with a mandate to develop an Age Friendly Initiative, to include formulating a 3-year city-wide action plan for implementation. The Mayor requested the Commission on Aging to appoint 4 representatives, the Mental Health Board to appoint 1 representative and the Human Relations Commission to appoint 1 representative to the task force. The remaining 3 were appointed from the Evanston community at-large. Each member will serve without compensation for one five-year term.
The "Age Friendly Evanston!" Task Force:
1. Chairperson, Susan Cherco
2. Transportation, Helen Gagel
3. Social Participation, Jo-Ann Cromer
4. Respect & Social Inclusion, Dorothy Strong
5. Housing, Wayne Heimbach
6. Outdoor Spaces & Buildings, Susan Canter
7. Communication & Information, Martha Holmes
8. Community & Health Services, Irene Pierce
9. Civic Participation & Employment, Isidro Lucas
The "Age Friendly Evanston!" task force will make recommendations to the Mayor and the City Council on the creation and implementation of an action plan based on the objectives of the World Health Organization's (WHO) Age Friendly Communities Program. This program is an international effort to help prepare for a global demographic trend: the rapid aging of populations.
Age-Friendly Action Plan
Additional Age-Friendly Action Plan Appendices
- Appendix 2 - Survey Results.pdf
- Appendix 3 - Focus Group Results.pdf
- Appendix 4 - Building and Outdoor Spaces Review of Parks Summary.pdf
The Age Friendly Evanston! Task Force meetings will be held at the Levy Senior Center on the 4th Tuesday of every other month at 2:00 p.m.
Scheduled meeting dates in 2017:
o Jan 24, 2017
o Mar 28, 2017
o May 23, 2017
o July 25, 2017
o Sept 26, 2017
Please contact Jim Hurley, Community Development Management Analyst, at 847-448-8266 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
For more information about this project: http://www.who.int/ageing/projects/age_friendly_cities_network/en/index.html