"AGE FRIENDLY EVANSTON!" TASK FORCE
Agendas & Minutes
The Mayor established a nine (9) member task force with a mandate to develop an Age Friendly Initiative, to include formulating a 3-year city-wide action plan for implementation. The Mayor requested the Commission on Aging to appoint 4 representatives, the Mental Health Board to appoint 1 representative and the Human Relations Commission to appoint 1 representative to the task force. The remaining 3 were appointed from the Evanston community at-large. Each member will serve without compensation for one five-year term.
The "Age Friendly Evanston!" Task Force:
1. Chairperson, Susan Cherco
2. Transportation, Helen Gagel
3. Social Participation
4. Respect & Social Inclusion, Dorothy Strong
5. Outdoor Spaces & Buildings, Susan Canter
6. Communication & Information
7. Community & Health Services, Irene Pierce
8. Civic Participation & Employment
The "Age Friendly Evanston!" task force will make recommendations to the Mayor and the City Council on the creation and implementation of an action plan based on the objectives of the World Health Organization's (WHO) Age Friendly Communities Program. This program is an international effort to help prepare for a global demographic trend: the rapid aging of populations.
Age-Friendly Action Plan
- City Council Approved Age-Friendly Action Plan
- Action Plan Powerpoint Presentation to City Council
- Age Friendly Implementation Plan (3.27.18)
Additional Age-Friendly Action Plan Appendices
- Appendix 2 - Survey Results.pdf
- Appendix 3 - Focus Group Results.pdf
- Appendix 4 - Building and Outdoor Spaces Review of Parks Summary.pdf
The Age Friendly Evanston! Task Force meetings will be held at the Morton Civic Center, Lighthouse Conference Room, Room 2402 on the 4th Tuesday of every other month at 2:00 p.m.
Scheduled meeting dates in 2018:
o Jan 23, 2018
o Feb 27, 2018
o Mar 27, 2018
o May 22, 2018
o July 24, 2018
o Sept 25, 2018
o Nov 27, 2018
Please contact Jim Hurley, Community Development Management Analyst, at 847-448-8266 or email@example.com if you have questions.
For more information about this project: http://www.who.int/ageing/projects/age_friendly_cities_network/en/index.html