Fiscal Year 2020-21 Budget
Proposed Budget Documents
Printed copies of the proposed budget document are available in the City Clerk's Office, Evanston Public Library, and Main Library Branches.
- Budget Balancing Worksheet - Updated as of November 15, 2019
- 2020-21 Proposed Budget Summary - October 4, 2019
- 2020-21 Proposed Budget Transmittal Letter - October 4, 2019
- 2020-21 Proposed Budget - Full Document - October 4, 2019
- Budget Process Overview - Resumen del proceso presupuesto - October 4, 2019
Weekly through October and November, the City will publish budget memos responding to questions from City Council and offering more detail on items contained in the 2020 budget.
- Budget Memos through November 15, 2019
- Feedback from Community Budget Roundtable Discussions (September 17, 19, and 21)
- November 11, 2019 - Budget Discussion, City Council Meeting
- October 26, 2019 - Capital Improvement Plan Presentation
- October 14, 2019 - City Council Meeting
- September 17-21, 2019 - Presentation from Community Budget Roundtable Discussions
- August 5, 2019 - Mid-year Budget Update
- September 17-21: Community Budget Round Table Discussions
- Friday, October 4: Proposed Budget available on City website
- Monday, October 14: Budget discussion at City Council Meeting
- Saturday, October 26: Budget Public Hearing at City Council Meeting
- Monday, October 28: Truth in Taxation Hearing at City Council Meeting
- November 11: Budget discussion at City Council Meeting
- November 23: Adoption of Budget and Tax Levies at City Council Meeting
Community Budget Roundtable Discussions
The City of Evanston held three community budget roundtable discussions in September 2019. Each meeting began with a brief overview of the budget process followed by small group roundtable discussions. Meetings were held:
- Tuesday, September 17, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - J.E.H. Education Center, 1500 McDaniel Ave
- Thursday, September 19, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. - Main Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Ave.
- Saturday, September 21, noon to 2 p.m. - Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave.
The presentation from these meetings can be viewed here. Feedback gathered at these meetings is available above.
Tax and Fee Information
Information about major city revenue sources can be found on the Tax Information page. A detailed breakdown of your property tax bill can be found on Property Tax Bill Explanation. Other tax rates and information can be found on the Home Rule Tax page.